Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude Advent

I love advent calendars and my kids love them too, it is such a fun thing to look forward to each day. I made this to find things to be grateful for during the month of November. I had hubby make this board last year for me and I use it for numerous advents.


Here is a closer look at the tags that hang on the board.









The match box opens and I have little notes typed of things to be thankful for and then an activity to go along with it.
I love this and it helps teach my children about the little things to be thankful for along with the big things, we love doing the activities. We are blessed and have a ton to be thankful for.

Here are some more sayings I have inside my match boxes:
I am thankful for books - go to the library
I am thankful for my neighbors - make something and take to a neighbor.
I am thankful for my grandparents - write a letter to to them.
I am thankful for my brother/sister - do something kind for them today.
I am thankful for my mom/dad - do something kind for them today. (I have this on two
different days).
I am thankful for my teachers - make a gift or write a note to your teacher.
We are thankful for each other - play a game together.
I am thankful for my toys - pick a toy to give to good will.
I am thankful for food - try a different food today or help cook dinner.
I am thankful for my body - exercise together.
ENJOY!


Linking to:




Visit thecsiproject.com Someday Crafts

5 comments:

  1. Visiting from CSI. This is such a cute project. I love the idea of counting blessings and expressing gratitude in regard to Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are adorable! I love advent calendars too! It's great how you typed up activities to do along with what you're thankful for! Found you from the CSI linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Don't we all need to be more grateful? Love it.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! A great reminder to be thankful and it looks adorable! How fun to have a board like that to change out:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice idea! I think everyone could say that we all need more reminders to be thankful :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete